Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Brain Food


I came across this at a Tesco somewhere in Clapham. Not sure if it's unique to that area (I suspect not), but I can't help but wonder what was going through their minds.

The name of the company is Mr. Brain. Now, as a company name, that's fine, depending on the type of business. But when you're selling pork sausages, known for having the worst parts of the piggly-wiggly bits, any mention of brain would likely be a turn off. So would the term faggot, for that matter; at least in Canada. I knew that it was a British term for cigarette, but pork balls?? Although, considering that these were in a Tesco freezer, it looks like Mr. Brain is doing all right.

The header of the packaging is my favourite part though. "You asked for it!! Now with more sauce!!" Giving pork ball lovers what they want. That's Mr. Brain. Actually, I wish more companies were as responsive as Mr. Brain. Smart man, this porker.

1 comment:

  1. i love pork.
    i had a similar experience when I first moved to Canada and found this in my local store:
    http://www.buygracefoods.com/site/product.cfm?id=cock_soup_env

    ReplyDelete