Monday, February 9, 2009

Confession

My name's Steve Zaozirny, and I'm an advertising copywriter. A confession of modest proportion, perhaps, but a necessary one nonetheless. A related confession is that I'm unemployed, as I've recently moved to London from Vancouver, Canada. So I'm currently looking for work; along with half the city, it seems.

As my days are relatively free right now, I thought a blog would be a good way to keep my fingers tapping along the keyboard, besides just when sending out the daily flurry of job applications.

It also seemed like an opportunity to share my opinions on advertising, both good and bad. I mean, my flatmates and friends absolutely love hearing my nightly critique of every dishwasher detergent ad on TV ("Now sparklier?! Who wrote this drivel?!"), so I thought it only fair that I share my brilliant insights with the world each day.

Of course, I'm kidding. But I do love talking about ads, and I'm sure a few of you do too.

Also, being Canadian, I'm very new to all the British-isms of daily life in London, and will be sharing my thoughts on them as well. So, basically, this blog is about being a Canadian copywriter in London.

1 comment:

  1. Just came across your blog in a search. I am Canadian and interested in moving to London, so I'll be interested to read all of the "British-isms" you come up with.

    ReplyDelete