Thursday, February 26, 2009

Something Rotten From Denmark

This is a transit ad I saw on the Tube today. My apologies for the poor quality. I took the photo with my iPhone from afar. To get any closer would have meant crawling over a group of girls and I really don't feel like being deported on sexual harassment charges. Or any charges, for that matter.

Anyway, it's an ad promoting the liberating culture of Copenhagen, Denmark, which encourages Londoners to "Free the Dane in you." If you can't tell, freeing the Dane in you seems to involve wearing a white robe and holding orange slices over your ears like an escaped mental patient who has just stolen their pyschiatrist's heart-smart breakfast.

Also, the red "starburst" in which the sub-headline is placed seems to resemble a splatter of blood more than anything. Maybe this is a subtle reference to the Tourism Denmark logo, which is a heart with cross-sections cut out of it? Either way, the last thing this ad does is inspire me to be a free spirit in Denmark. Although I could go for an orange right about now. Hopefully some Danish mental asylum escapee doesn't "free" it.

No comments:

Post a Comment