Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sign On The Dotted Line

After being without full-time work for some time now, it was a great feeling to sign my name at the bottom of a contract for a temp copywriter position on Friday morning. My new employer is an independently-owned investment company that has an incredibly entrepreneurial approach to business. While I can't go into too much detail, basically, they own and operate a diverse (and growing) group of brands, and are involved in everything from eye care to feature film production - cross-promotion, anyone?

Even though I've only been there a day, the staff seem like a good crew and the work atmosphere is fast-paced and high-pressure so will be an exciting challenge. Needless to say, the fact that I'm working again, and in such perilous economic times, has left me with a silly grin on my face. Maybe this crazy London idea will work out after all.

By the way, in case you're wondering, this doesn't mean the end of this blog. Things are just getting started.

1 comment: