Thursday, April 30, 2009

01101011101010010101

After spending the past two weeks in the mind-numbing world of restaurant promotions, I've taken a month-long online copywriter internship with UK home deco company, mydeco.com. No more forcing fliers into stranger's hands on the streets for me. I'm trading that life in for professional development with a progressive, creative atmosphere in Notting Hill.

Joining a group of about 30 keen digital minds, I'll be writing content for home decoration micro-sites, ensuring that the content is optimized for search engines. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) has become a must-have skill for any self-respecting/working copywriter. While I've done some light reading on the topic (Lesson #1: If your site is about your Advertising Portfolio, do not title it "Steve Is Awesome," even if it may be true), I'm not at a point where I can market myself as an online/digital copywriter just yet.

After speaking with the marketing manager about the role this morning, I can tell that I will be getting a crash course in everything digital over the next few weeks. SEO, CMS, HTML, CRM, SMS... the list goes on. World Wide Web of online copywriting acronyms, here I come.

1 comment:

  1. awesome - i'm so excited for you. sounds like it's going to be interesting and fun. and notting hill is such a trendy, funky place!

    check out search engine watch for the latest in search marketing, tips and tools

    http://searchenginewatch.com/

    ReplyDelete