Thursday, February 12, 2009

No Work and No Pay Make Steve...

...Get Creative.

The past week of my job search has been an emotional roller-coaster ride called I Love You, I Love You Not. A few times now, I've been contacted by recruiters who say they are very keen to speak with me about a job opportunity. But once we set up a day to talk, they evaporate into thin air. I feel like I'm being stood up for a blind date, except, in this case, my date was thinking of giving me thousands of pounds a year.

But I'm not going to let these ghosts haunt me. So I've come up with a self-promotional idea that will hopefully improve my chances of getting noticed in this city that is "heaving" (as my friend Richard likes to say) with people looking for work. I'll tell you know more once the idea has been put into action. All I'll say now is that I'm putting Canada to work for me. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment